At the start of the year I read this article about another way to write resolutions – 101 things you want to do in 1001 days. It struck a chord with me, as resolutions seem too much like hard work so often! This idea felt more optimistic, more whimsical and more adventurous.
So, I’ve started my list, and already crossed a few things off it in the first half of the year.
My list so far includes items such as:
- grow a wildflower garden
- go apple picking in an orchard
- learn a whole piano sonata
- join/form a book club
- hang a swing in a tree
- knit a sweater (probably not for me!)
- make a kete advent calendar for Yule
- bake a batch of cookies using every single cookie cutter in the house
- walk along the shore of a South Island lake
- have a wifey weekend away
I’m looking forward them all!